Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Patronage!

Patronage and My New Patreon Page


I've long thought how nice it would be, as a writer and artist, to have a patron.  The arts are so important, yet they've been cut from school curricula since I was a kid.  It's still happening, too, which blows me away.  I mean, how much more can they cut?

There is support for the arts out there.  Just look at the number of people who donate to PBS.  Still, I think of stories from the Renaissance, when rich donors would pay for artists to create amazing works, often for the public.  It must still happen now.  Nice work if you can get it, as they say.

Patreon is a website that allows anyone to become a patron of the arts.  It's a little like Kickstarter or Indigogo, except that, instead of making one pledge, you set up a monthly pledge.  It doesn't have to be huge, either.  You can bid any whole dollar amount!

I've set up a Patron account for this blog.  It's going to be filled with interesting and useful content for anyone interested in the creative arts, particularly writing and the visual arts.  However, a lot of the tips I share will apply to music, theater, and so on.  It will also include author and artist interviews, book reviews, and whatever else I can think of that may help my fellow creatives thrive.

So, my Patreon page!  If you like what I'm doing with this blog, and want to support me in doing more of it, please become a patron.

I know, this blog is new.  If you need proof of my ability to keep an extensive blog, just check out Bodacious Creed: From Thesis to Novel.  In fact, there's already a lot of terrific information on that page meant to help people bring their ideas to life.  That might be worth some patronage right there.

I have so much more to share, and this is just the beginning.  Please subscribe, share this on Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus, and consider becoming a patron.

No comments:

Post a Comment