Tuesday, November 12, 2013

What Is "From Idea to Art?"

What is "From Idea to Art?"

Let's start with who I am, as this really stems from what I'm all about.  I'm Jonathan Fesmire.  I'm a writer, editor, and artist.  I have an MFA in Animation and Visual Effects, and I have several books available, three novels and a short story anthology.  Those are Children of Rhatlan, Tamshi's Imp, Amber in the Over World, and Seeds of Vision.

My latest project is huge!  It's my upcoming novel, Bodacious Creed, which was based on my 3D modeling master's thesis of the same name.  It's sort of a long story, but you can visit the successful Kickstarter campaign I ran to fund the novel and, during the month of November, 2013, can follow my writing progress at NaNoWriMo.

Being an artist isn't about getting great ideas.  It's about taking the ideas you have and turning them into something great.

This blog will mostly be about ways of accomplishing that.  Along the way, I'll review books, interview other authors and artists, and discuss concepts that apply to writing and the visual arts.

I hope that people all over the Internet will find this site useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment