Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Applied Modeling

I was very happy to see yesterday that one of the Atheist pendants I sell in my Shapeways Model Shop sold yesterday.  A silver one, no less!


I've sold a couple of those, and would certainly like to sell more!

Here's where we come to the helpful part of this blog.

You could say that I'm an aspiring marketer.  To be honest, I've done a terrible job with marketing in the past, particularly of my existing books.  However, I'm studying how to improve that currently.  As I mentioned yesterday, I'm going to review the marketing book I'm currently reading, once I've finished it.

My first big marketing success came when I ran my Kickstarter campaign for my upcoming novel, Bodacious Creed.  One of the things I learned, and that helped quite a bit, was how to share the campaign on Facebook.  You want to get the word out, but you don't want to come off as begging for money.  My posts would essentially "I'm running a Kickstarter campaign for my upcoming stampunk zombie western novel! Come see what it's all about!"  These, I posed to groups and pages related to the topic, where such posts are acceptable.

I should probably do the same for these pendants, now that they've sold a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment