Wednesday, December 4, 2013

NaNoWriMo Has Concluded

Howdy, Friends!
This entry is going to serve triple duty.  It is an update to the Bodacious Creed Kickstarter page, and a new post to both my Bodacious Creed and From Idea to Art blogs.
NaNoWriMo has concluded!  Alas, I did not technically "win" this year.  The goal is to write 50,000 words of a novel over the course of November.  My word count came to 31,400.  Still, that's 31,400 words of Bodacious Creed written!
Why not the 50,000?  Well, November was an especially busy month for me.  I've been working to get my son into an after school day care, so that I can get a day job.  This will mean significantly more income, less having to seek out jobs, and more focused creative time.  I'm a single father, and son had the week of Thanksgiving off, from November 21 to 28.  We had a great week, but that also meant less time to write.
Now that he's back in school, I'll have more time to continue with the novel!  I will, of course, continue to keep everyone updated.
I guess the point here is that of the old adage that if you shoot for the starts, you may not reach them, but you may at least reach the moon.  I didn't hit the 50,000 word goal, but 31,400 in a month is something to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment